Welcome to Darwin class.
Our Teacher in FS1 Darwin class is Mr Blyth. Our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Harper and Mrs Douglas.
It is always a pleasure to welcome children and parents at the door in the mornings and at the end of each sessions where we can answer any queries or questions about your child.
Our Whole School Quest question is: Where are the treasures of the world?
Our FS1 Quest question this term is: What different places do people live in?
As part of out quest topic we have learnt a lot about different places such as, the woods, Iceland, India and places in Nottingham and the local environment.
Children have been making houses for the 3 little pigs and testing to see which one is strongest. They really enjoyed testing their theories!
We took the children for a walk around school to look at changes to plants and trees ready for Autumn and continue to look in the allotment at how things change.
Children have settled in really well this half term and have made a great start to the new school year. We look forward to discussing your child's progress with you in more detail during parents evening next half term.
Remember to look at the curriculum letter for parents to see all the exciting things your children have been learning each term.
Our Whole School Quest question is: Which year was best to be born?
Our FS1 Quest question this half term is: What special times do we celebrate?
We have looked at:
Our Whole School Quest question is: What makes the World work?
Our FS1 Quest question this term is: Where would you like to live?
In F1 this half term we are thinking about what kind of place we would like to live.
Key questions that you can help with this half term:
· Where would you like to live?
· What fairy-tale land would you like to live in?
· What is it like in Dinosaur Land?
· Where do pirates and mermaids live?
· Could you live in space?
· Where do superheroes live?
How can you help your child this half term?
· Talk with your child about places in the world you have visited.
· Look at different countries and what the weather, people and houses look like.
· Talk about places they would like to live.
· Visit some interesting places and come back and tell us all about it.
· Make a fantasy world to bring in to show us
This term we have been thinking all about what we do in the summer.
We have talked about: